It is important that other health concerns are not ignored during the COVID-19 pandemic. To provide continued access to essential primary health services during this pandemic, the Australian Government has made available Medicare-subsidised telehealth services for all Australians.
Telehealth consultations are currently subsidised by Medicare and are BULK-BILLED for patients with a Medicare card. They are available for existing and new patients.
Face-to-face consultations are still necessary in many cases. Please do not hesitate to book for a face-to-face consultation if that is indicated. COVID-19 screening and precautions will be taken for these appointments. The doctor will speak to you on the phone or in the car park before you enter the clinic. We ask that you wear a mask/similar when attending.
IS IT SAFE TO ATTEND THE CLINIC?
We have procedures in place to help prevent spreading infection. For example:
- We are screening all phone calls to help reduce the chance of a person who is ill with COVID-19 coming into the clinic.
- Patients who meet the criteria for COVID-19 testing are directed to a Fever Clinic if unwell, a collection centre or have someone picking up a self-collection kit.
- We are cleaning down and sanitising surfaces in between patients on all surfaces contacted during each appointment.
- All face-to-face patients are to wear a mask or some face covering. This is for your own protection as well as others.
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars instead of the waiting room.
If you have any symptoms of a cold or flu such as fever, sore throat, cough and shortness of breath, please advise reception/doctor on the day or the appointment.
To make an appointment please call on 02 9688 6678.