The government has made changes to Medicare subsidised Telehealth consultations from 1st July.
As of 1st July 2021, Telehealth Consultations will no longer be routinely bulk-billed for all patients.
There is a time-based gap fee payable after the consultation, ranging from $35 upwards (in line with the cost of an equivalent face-to-face consult). Payment will be collected after the consultation over the phone. Medicare rebates will be processed online through our software for your convenience.
The Medicare rebate has been reduced for any telephone consults other than short ones. We suggest that if your consult will take more than 10 minutes that you book a video consult rather than telephone consult or you will be more out of pocket.
Mental health care plans and enhanced primary care plans can no longer be done by telephone consult.
Telehealth consultations via video (Zoom) are available for all appointments including mental health care plans and enhanced primary care plans.
Telehealth consultations are available for patients who have attended the clinic for a face-to-face appointment in the last 12 months. Please call reception on 02 9688 6678 for more information.
Face-to-face consultations are still necessary in many cases. Please do not hesitate to book for a face-to-face consultation if that is indicated. COVID-19 screening and precautions will be taken for these appointments.
We have procedures in place to help prevent spreading infection.
- Patients who meet the criteria for COVID-19 testing are directed to a Testing Clinic. A face-to-face appointment may be offered up on receipt of a negative test.
- We are cleaning down and sanitising surfaces in between patients on all surfaces contacted during each appointment.
- We ask that you wear a mask if you have any symptoms of a cold, even with a negative COVID test.
- You may wish to wear a mask for your own protection.
- Waiting can take place in cars, on the verandah, in the garden as well as the waiting room.
If you have any symptoms of a cold or flu such as fever, sore throat, cough and shortness of breath, please advise reception/doctor on the day before the appointment.
To make an appointment please call on 02 9688 6678.