ALL THE STAFF WORKING AT THE PRACTICE ARE FULLY VACCINATED FOR COVID-19
TELEHEALTH CONSULTATIONS CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE FOR PATIENTS WHO HAVE BEEN SEEN AT A FACE-TO-FACE APPOINTMENT WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.
COVID-19 RISK REDUCTION MEASURES REMAIN IN PLACE FOR FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS. (see below)
The government has made changes to Medicare subsidised Telehealth consultations from 1st July.
As of 1st July 2021, Telehealth Consultations will no longer be routinely bulk-billed for all patients.
There is a time-based gap fee payable after the consultation, ranging from $35 upwards (in line with the cost of an equivalent face-to-face consult). Payment will be collected after the consultation over the phone. Medicare rebates will be processed online through our software for your convenience.
The Medicare rebate has been reduced for any telephone consults other than short ones. We suggest that if your consult will take more than 10 minutes that you book a video consult rather than telephone consult or you will be more out of pocket.
Mental health care plans and enhanced primary care plans can no longer be done by telephone consult.
Telehealth consultations via video are available for all appointments including mental health care plans and enhanced primary care plans.
Please call reception on 02 9688 6678 for more information.
FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATION PROCEDURE
- A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST before the appointment is required, regardless of vaccination status, for
- people with ANY upper respiratory tract symptoms or symptoms of COVID-19
- patients who have been in a hot-spot or exposure site
- A negative COVID-19 test 2-3 days before the appointment may be required for
- patients having a procedure
- requested by your doctor based on their assessment of risk
- On arrival, please call reception from your car. The reception will ask you some screening questions.
- Waiting can take place in your car, on the verandah, in the garden, or in the waiting room (social distancing applies). If you are not vaccinated or are considered ‘vulnerable’, we recommend that you wait outside for your protection.
- Patients may be seen in the car park if necessary and appropriate.
- Masks are required.
These procedures are in place to protect you, your family, other patients, the staff, and the wider community.
If you have any symptoms of a cold or flu such as fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough and shortness of breath, please get a COVID test as soon as possible.
To make an appointment please call on 02 9688 6678.