Telehealth consultations are currently subsidised by Medicare and are BULK-BILLED for patients with a Medicare card. They are available for existing patients. Please call reception for more information.
Face-to-face consultations are still necessary in many cases. Please do not hesitate to book for a face-to-face consultation if that is indicated. COVID-19 screening and precautions will be taken for these appointments. We ask that you wear a mask when attending if possible.
IS IT SAFE TO ATTEND THE CLINIC?
We have procedures in place to help prevent spreading infection. For example:
- We are screening all phone calls to help reduce the chance of a person who is ill with COVID-19 coming into the clinic.
- Patients who meet the criteria for COVID-19 testing are directed to a Testing Clinic. A face-to-face appointment may be offered up on receipt of a negative test.
- We are cleaning down and sanitising surfaces in between patients on all surfaces contacted during each appointment.
- All face-to-face patients are to wear a mask. This is for your own protection as well as others.
- Wait can take place in cars, on the verandah, in the garden as well as the waiting room.
If you have any symptoms of a cold or flu such as fever, sore throat, cough and shortness of breath, please advise reception/doctor on the day or the appointment.
To make an appointment please call on 02 9688 6678.