PLEASE NOTE THE DEMAND HAS BEEN HIGHER THAN SUPPLY.
We are now taking appointments/reservations for the current/future supplies. Please note that appointments may need to be changed depending on vaccine availability.
- Free vaccines (please check if you qualify for a free influenza vaccine before booking for an appointment)
Free seasonal influenza vaccine is funded for the following groups at higher risk of complications from influenza:
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- all children aged 6 months to less than 5 years of age (including Aboriginal and medically at risk)
- all individuals aged 5 years and over with medical risk conditions, namely:
- cardiac disease, including cyanotic congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure
- chronic respiratory conditions, including suppurative lung disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and severe asthma
- other chronic illnesses requiring regular medical follow up or hospitalisation in the previous year, including diabetes mellitus, chronic metabolic diseases, chronic renal failure, and haemoglobinopathies
- chronic neurological conditions that impact on respiratory function, including multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, and seizure disorders
- impaired immunity, including HIV, malignancy and chronic steroid use
- children aged 6 months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy
- pregnant women (influenza vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy)
- people aged 65 years and over (vaccine that is specifically designed to produce a higher immune response is available for this group).
- Private vaccines
Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our clinic is taking measures to protect the community. It is vital that all instructions are followed:
- Only one parent/guardian should accompany a child into the session
- People must NOT attend the session if they or their child have symptoms of a respiratory infection (such as fever, or a sore throat, or a runny nose, or shortness of breath or cough) or have returned from overseas in the past 14 days or have been told to self-isolate
- Appointments are booked to minimize patient contact and interaction
- Vaccination appointments are for vaccinations only. For other matters please book a telehealth appointment before or after a vaccination appointment if needed.
- Please call to let reception know when you arrive and wait in the car
- A doctor will assess you in the car park
- Vaccinations can be given in the car park if appropriate
- All patients are asked to wear a mask/similar before entering the surgery
- All patients are advised to wait for 15 minutes outside the surgery/in the car after vaccination to monitor for rare immediate reactions
Please call 9688 6678 to book an appointment.