Health checks in middle-aged adults are offered opportunistically, or at 2–5-year intervals.
They include –
- SNAP and readiness to change
- risk of diabetes
- depression in increased risk groups (past history, physical illness, other mental problems, etc.)
- risk factors for osteoporosis
- skin cancer.
- weight, height (calculate BMI) and waist circumference
- fasting lipids
- fasting blood glucose in patients at high risk of diabetes
- urinalysis for protein.
- Cervical screening every 5 years if has no symptoms
- CRC screening with faecal occult blood testing (FOBT) at least every 2 years
- mammography every 2 years
- vaccination for dTpa. Consider influenza and pneumococcal vaccination if high risk.
- absolute cardiovascular risk.
Please advise the reception when booking for a health check ensuring a long appointment is booked.